The Geriatric Medication Management course achieves measurable results. Click on the graph to see a larger version.
CHAMP Program Liaison
Center for Home Care Policy
Visiting Nurse Service of New York
5 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Continuing Professional Education Notices
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
It has been assigned approval code: 5-142
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York Home Care is a Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15204.
CCMC Approved Activity: CHAMP's Geriatric Medication Management course has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) as a continuing education activity for certified clinical case managers.
Geriatric Medication Management Course
Enhance Your Knowledge with Proven Techniques
Many older home care patients have one or more chronic illnesses and take numerous medications complicating the task of medication management. If you're a frontline nurse manager, clinical director, QI/QA officer or certified clinical case manager in a Medicare certified home health agency, this online course can help you find practical ways to monitor a patient's medication regimen.
This 4 unit, self-paced course:
- Incorporates real-time data to assess your team's performance and measure improvement; You can also compare your progress with others taking the course.
- Describes the impact of medication-related problems in older adults
- Simplifies the 3-step medication reconciliation process with practical tools
- Walks you through the SBAR technique so you can effectively communicate with physicians
- Enables you to apply each lesson with your team members; 81% of previous participants said their staff's geriatric medication management clinical skills improved as a result
To see a complete course summary with objectives click here.
About the Course
- Designed for frontline nurse managers, clinical directors, QI/QA officers, and clinical case managers
- This course is designed to improve your capacity to work with your team to provide “best practice” medication management for older home care patients. Measurement is central to this work. Collecting data and measuring the effect of making changes are key components of improvement.
- 10 CE hours for registered nurses and certified clinical case managers
- Only $149 per participant
- Only $109 per participant for members of one of the following state associations:
• California Association for Health Services at Home
• Georgia Association for Home Health Agencies
• Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts
• Home Care & Hospice Alliance of Maine
• HomeCare Association of Arkansas
• Home Care Association of Colorado
• Home Care Association of Florida
• Home Care Association of New Hampshire
• Home Care Association of New Jersey
• Home Care Association of New York State
• Home Care Association of Washington
• Illinois HomeCare & Hospice Council
• Iowa Alliance in Home Care
• MHA: An Association of Montana Health Care Providers
• Minnesota HomeCare Association
• New Mexico Association for Home and Hospice Care
• Oregon Association for Home Care
• Pennsylvania Home Care Association
• Rhode Island Partnership for Home Care, Inc.
Course Demonstration Video
Click to watch a brief demonstration of the medication reconciliation unit. Make sure your speakers are turned on!